Friday 26 September 2014

Lost Last and Least

Everyone will remember Bishop Dakin's arrogant utterances until the end of time.

And I have been puzzled by his apparently un-Biblical, silly and arrogant 'Lost, last and least' speech forever.

In Church on Sunday, we heard the story of the men hired from the market place and paid the same for a day's work despite being hired at different times of day.

'The First Shall be last and the last shall be first'.

Of course.

I am the Lost, Last and Least.

And according to my friends, I am doing my purgatory here on earth at the hands of the Church of England.
Makes sense.
I have never seen anyone else publicly flogged as I have been, and by a Church! Penance for all my sins, here on earth.
According to my friends and other bloggers and commenters on my blog, I am closer up the ladder to heaven than my tormentors in the Church of England.
I am not sure I have the right to agree on that.

So, as long as I am lost, last and least, I will get to heaven.

While the arrogant clerics and denomination who brand me, while they have mansions and salaries, will be like the rich man who ignored Lazarus as he sat at their gate. Because they were first, with their finery, their public voice and showing off, so they will be last, they will not see heaven nor get a reward for their public showing off and deception. The Pharisees of the modern age.

As Sam Mezac famously said 'It is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of? God?
Should that have been heaven?

Links:

Matthew 19:24 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+19:24&version=NIV

Matthew 20:1-16 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+20&version=NIV

Voiceforchildren 2014:9 http://voiceforchildren.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/deputy-sam-mezec-unelected-states.html

lots of  fascinating comments on Voice's blog.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.